Sunday, November 21, 2010

Work Suspended and Other Stories

This blog is taking a temporary break, as my laptop is broken.

I have borrowed my son's notebook to post this and the keys are maddeningly small. Also the letter "t" doesn't work properly and I have to hit it with twice as much force as any other key.

Normal service will hopefully be resumed shortly - I have some particularly good photos that were discovered in last week's deliveries. In the meantime, here is a short clip of one of my heroes, the creator of the Doctor Who theme tune, Delia Derbyshire:



If only Robert Moog hadn't ruined it all by inventing the synthesizer.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Don't you just hate that, when something goes ping? Hope to see you back soon. In the meantime, Delia Derbyshire is better than any test-card.

Grey Area said...

Ah.. Deliah D. - I wonder how she would feel if she knew how many devoted fans she has now?

I shall be waiting your return with feverish anticipation.

mothership said...

Devastated as I am by you taking a break, I have to say that I am THRILLED to see Delia Derbyshire. I had no idea how she looked or sounded but watching her playing with those tape loops and using all sorts of creative sound sources made me happier than I have been in an extremely long time. I went running off to my studio and spent a blissful hour making blips and bleeps and funny rhythms for no reason other than to please myself. Soaringly happy. Thank you.
PS I think she probably loved Moogs.

Anonymous said...

How good you are to your readers, to soldier on with your son's notebook and to post Delia Derbyshire! Hope your laptop gets better (or replaced) soon.

The Poet Laura-eate said...

I do hope the laptop fairy visits soon!

Lx